Is strawberry good for you? Have a look at their health benefits..
Strawberries are one of the most prominent fruits, which is specially grown in the summer season. This fruit can be eaten raw or cooked, can be made into sauces and jams, and is also used in cakes to decorate. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K.
Strawberry will not ripen even after harvesting from the garden. Strawberries are also cholesterol-free. They are classified as whole foods, or functional foods as they are not modified or processed. There is nothing like fresh strawberries during summertime. Do try them with refreshing salads.
Some unknown facts that you do not know about strawberries:
- Strawberries are the only type of fruit that has seeds on the outer part of the fruit.
- The strawberry plant is perennial which means that if you plant one strawberry now, it will come back next year.
- Strawberries are considered as one of the rose family members.
- Strawberries are low in calories and have high potassium, amino acids which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and other cancers too.
Some health benefits of strawberries:
- There is nothing like fresh strawberries during summertime. Do try them with refreshing salads
- Strawberry has an excellent source of folate.
- Strawberry could help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular.
- Strawberry has more than enough vitamin C in it.
- Strawberry also has a great source of fiber which is important for moving food through our digestive system.
- Strawberry contains high antioxidants which makes a great defense against free radical damage.
Nutrition facts of Strawberries
- Calories: 53.
- Total fat: 0.50 grams (g)
- Protein: 1.11 g (2.2 percent DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12.75 g.
- Dietary fiber: 3.3 g (13 percent DV)
- Sugar: 8.12 g.
- Calcium: 27 milligrams (mg) (2.7 percent DV)
- Iron: 0.68 mg (3.8 percent DV)