Runners used to drink champagne as an energy drink.
Running is a method of locomotion(movement) allowing humans and other animals to move rapidly on foot. Running is an appealing exercise because it doesn’t cost a lot to take part and you can run at any time that suits you. Running in humans is associated with improved health and life expectancy.
While there exists the potential for injury while running (just as there is in any sport), there are many benefits. Some of these benefits include potential weight loss, improved cardiovascular and respiratory health. Running increases one’s metabolism, even after running; one will continue to burn an increased level of calories for a short time after the run.
Running is an effective way to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and tension. Running can improve mental alertness and also improves sleep, which is needed for good mental health. And running, quite simply, is convenient. You don’t need any elaborate gear. No special playing field or apparatus. No need to juggle the schedules of others. Just a pair of shoes and the inclination to get out the door.
What to think before running or jogging?
- Don’t wear your old sneakers. Poorly fitted shoes are a common cause of injuries.
- The running shoe should bend easily, feel comfortable and have a wedge of shock-absorbing material in the heel.
- The fit should not be too snug. Your foot will splay as it impacts with the ground.
- When buying the shoes, wear the socks you intend to wear while running.
- Have your shoes professionally fitted.
Health benefits of running :
- Help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Burn plenty of kilojoules
- Help maintain a healthy weight.