The greatest producer of mango in the world is India.
Mango is a flowering plant that belongs to the family Anacardiaceae. Mangoes are one of the most common fruits in the world. Mangoes are sweet, creamy fruits that are the juicy, odorous fruits of an evergreen tree. This is a type of plant food with a fleshy outer section that surrounds a shell, or pit. Mangoes are the member of the cashew family of flowering plants. Mangos are related to cashews and pistachios.
Mangos were first grown in India over 5,000 years ago. Mangos are originally from South Asia that made their way across the tropics and into America in 1880. In addition, Mangoes have many varieties such as Haden, Tommy Atkin, Ataulfo. Mangos come in different shapes, colors, and sizes including green, red, orange, and yellow. Due to its rich aroma and high nutritional value, mango is very popular and often consumed worldwide.
Some interesting Fun Facts of Mango:
- Mango is believed that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree.
- The oldest living mango tree is 300 years old and is found in East Kadesh.
- Mangos leaves are often used at weddings to ensure the couple bears plenty of children.
- Giving someone a basket of mangoes is considered a gesture of friendship.
- The evergreen mango tree can grow as high as 35-40 m (115-130 ft).
- Mango is the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
- The plural form of mango is either mangos or mangoes.
- Mango has narrow, leathery leaves and dark green in color.
- The greatest producer of mango in the world is India.
- In India, mango is considered as a symbol of love.
- The juice of the mango can either be marinade as its softness the texture of the meat.
- Mango can survive a couple of hundred years in the wild.
Healthy Benefits of Mango:
- Mango fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin-A that helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Mango is also a good source of potassium that helps to control blood pressure.
- Mango peel is also rich in phytonutrients, such as the pigment antioxidants like carotenoids and polyphenols.
- Mango is low calories but high in nutrients.
- Mango is a good source of several vitamins such as vitamins A, C, K, and E which helps to boost immunity.
- Mango also not only helps to improve your concentration but also boosts your memory.
Nutrition Facts Of Mango:
One cup (165 grams) of sliced mango provides:
- Calories: 99
- Protein: 1.4 grams
- Carbs: 24.7 grams
- Fat: 0.6 grams
- Dietary fiber: 2.6 grams
- Vitamin C: 67% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Copper: 20% of the RDI
- Folate: 18% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 11.6% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 9.7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5: 6.5% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 6% of the RDI